These authentic chicken quesadillas made with shredded leftover chicken are a crowd favorite. They are cheesy, crispy, easy to make and super delicious. Hands down the best chicken quesadillas!
They are perfect for lunch, dinner or as an appetizer. You can make them to celebrate cinco de Mayo. Or just simply when you have friend or family over.
I also love to make margaritas to accompany these ultra delicious quesadillas.
Ingredients for Leftover Chicken Quesadillas
- Chicken: Leftover chicken shredded
- Tortillas: Corn tortillas or flour tortilla. Give them both a try if you haven’t and choose your favorite. Note: Only use corn tortillas is you going to use 2 per quesadilla. Folding the corn tortilla will brake them since they are stiff and not pliable.
- Cheese: I like to use a combination of Monterey Jack since is a bit spicy and Mozzarella which has a sweeter taste.
- Onions: Slice the onions.
- Peppers: Slice the peppers. You can use red, orange or green peppers, or a combination.
How to Make Quesadillas
- Cook the onions and peppers until translucent.
- Add the shredded chicken, hot sauce and mix.
- Add a small amount of chicken mixture to the tortilla.
- Add cheese and fold tortilla.
- Put in a pan or griddle for about 5 minutes and enjoy.
Tips for Making the Perfect Quesadillas
- DO NOT overstuff the tortillas. The thinner the better to produce a more crunchy tortilla.
- DO NOT skimp on the cheese. It’s what keeps all the ingredients together as glue.
Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
Mexican Recipes to Serve with these Authentic Chicken Quesadillas
Save and PIN