This is the best guacamole recipe ever! I have tried many variations and this is the one that comes back a winner time and time again. Always use fresh ingredient for an authentic guacamole flavor.
Do not get intimidated thinking that only restaurant can make the perfect guacamole.
You too can have the best guacamole and WOW your family or your guests at your party.
This is my go-to guacamole recipe that is quick and easy to make.
Serve it as a dip at your next party or spoon it on top of tacos for an amazing gourmet taco meal that is full of flavors.
Best Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- Avocados: Choose ripe avocados. You want them soft to the touch but still firm.
- Tomatoes: When you cut the tomatoes make sure to take the pulp out. This will prevent the guacamole from being watery.
- Lime: Always use fresh squeezed lime juice. Is the best fresh favor for the guac.
- Jalapeño: Seed the jalapeño pepper for less heat. If you want it more spicy use a serrano pepper.
- Cilantro: This is a must on an authentic guacamole recipe. However, if you do not link cilantro feel free the skip it.
- Onion: I like to use red onion because is sweeter.
- Sea salt: Make sure you salt generously.
- Pepper: Pepper to taste.
How to Make the Best Guacamole
- Dice all the ingredients. Onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, cilantro and set aside.
- Take the flesh out of the avocado husk and put in a bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork until our desired consistency. (some people like it more chunky while other more smooth) I prefer mine in between chunky and smooth.
- Mix all the diced ingredients, juice of the lime, salt and pepper
- Taste, taste and taste…adjust salt, spiciness of more acidity.
- Serve and enjoy with chips or tacos!
How to Store Guacamole
This simple and easy guacamole recipe keeps very well in the refrigerator. You just need to store it correctly.
Guacamole oxidized pretty quick. The lime juice helps slowdown the oxidation process.
Store the guac on an air tight container. The way to keep it green and not turning brown is to use plastic wrap right on top of the guacamole and make sure that you remove most if not all the air bubbles.
Then proceed to seal the airtight container.
By doing this you can keep it in the refrigerator for about a week.
Best Guacamole Recipe Ever!
This best guacamole recipe ever! It is homemade and with only 6 fresh ingredients. Simple and easy to make!
- 3 avocados
- 1 medium tomato seeded and diced
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- In a bowl mash the avocados until you reach you preferred consistency.
- Dice the onion, tomatoes, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Juice the lime
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add salt and pepper until combine. Taste as you go to your preference.
- Serve with tortillas and enjoy!
To have a nice and thick guacamole take the seeds out of the tomatoes before dicing. This will ensure your guacamole is smooth, chucky and thick instead of runny.
Amount Per Serving Calories 253Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 0mgSodium 304mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 11gSugar 2gProtein 3g
More Delicious Recipes to Try
- Fruit Salad Recipes
- Easy High Protein Meal Prep Recipes
- Best Keto Drinks
- Keto Strawberry Smoothie
- Easy Keto Meal Prep
- Vegan Meal Prep Ideas
- Healthy Meal Prep Ideas
PIN and SAVE