If you are looking for crescent roll recipes then these crescent dogs are pigs in a blanket done right!
Crescent rolls envelop all-beef hot dogs in a savory, flaky crust that’s irresistible.
This crescent roll recipe can be made in the air fryer and is easily multiplied for a crowd.
This easy 3 ingredient recipe is a family favorite that is ready in under 30 minutes!
I love serving these hot dogs with ketchup, mustard, and relish for the ultimate hot dog experience.
If you are looking for an easy and delicious appetizer or main dish, look no further than these delicious hot dogs!
Ingredients For Crescent Hot Dogs
- Crescent Rolls: You can find them in the refrigerated section of your grocery store, near the other dough products. You’ll need one can for every eight hot dogs. Keep the dough in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. It is easier to work with when it’s cold.
- Hot Dogs: I used any hot dogs for this recipe, but you can use your favorite brand you like. Just make sure to get the larger sized hot dogs, not the mini ones.
- Cheese: I used cheddar cheese for these, but you could also use any other favorite cheese.
How To Make Crescent Dogs Step by Step
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Open the can of crescent rolls and lay them out on a flat surface. If they are stuck together, gently separate them.
- Place a hot dog and slice of cheese on the wider end of the crescent roll and then roll it up.
- Place the crescent dog, seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining hot dogs and crescent rolls.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the crescents are golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
A simple pigs in a blanket recipe you can make together with the kids, very cheesy and yummy.
These hot dogs are perfect for a snack, dinner and even a great appetizer for game day.
Crescent Hot Dog FAQ’s
A single crescent hot dog has approximately 300 calories, 13g of carbs, 11g of protein. This recipe makes 8 crescent hot dogs.
No, I do not pre-cook the hot dog for pigs in a blanket. I find that it cooks perfectly in the crescent dough. However, if you like you hot dog more cooked, feel free to cook the hot dogs before wrapping in the crescent dough.
To reheat crescent dogs, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place Crescent Dogs on a baking sheet and bake for 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
Yes, you can make Crescent Hot Dogs ahead of time. Simply wrap the unbaked crescent dogs in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours or freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, remove from fridge or freezer and bake as directed.
Crescent rolls envelop all-beef hot dogs in a savory, flaky crust that’s irresistible.This easy 3 ingredient recipe is a family favorite that is ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 8 hot dogs
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Separate the crescent rolls into 8 triangles.
- Place hot dogs with a slice of cheese at the wide end of the triangle and roll up.
- Pinch the seams closed.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, or your favorite dipping sauce.
Keep the dough in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it. It is easier to work with when it's cold.
Amount Per Serving Calories 312Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 58mgSodium 616mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 11g