If you are looking for crescent roll recipes, look no further than this crescent roll chicken pot pie.
It has a crispy and buttery crescent roll crust with creamy and flavorful filling, and will leave you feeling satisfied.
The best part is that it is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
This chicken pot pie is made with a few shortcuts, like using crescent rolls for the crust and rotisserie chicken for the filling.
These help to make this dish come together quickly and easily.
I like to serve this pot pie with a side of green beans or a simple salad. It makes for a hearty and satisfying meal that everyone will love.
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious chicken pot pie recipe, this is the one for you! Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Ingredients For Crescent Roll Chicken Pot Pie
- Crescent Rolls: You will need one can of crescent rolls for this recipe. You could use any brand of crescent rolls, or even make your own dough from scratch.
- Rotisserie Chicken: I love using rotisserie chicken in this recipe because it is already cooked. This saves a lot of time and effort. You could also use cooked and shredded chicken breasts.
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables: I like to use frozen mixed vegetables in this recipe for convenience. However, you could use fresh vegetables if you prefer.
- Cream of Chicken Soup: This is the base of the pot pie filling. You could use any type of cream soup, or even make your own.
- Potato: I use canned potatoes because is convenient and they hold up well in the pot pie. However, you could use fresh or frozen potatoes if you prefer.
- Onion: You will need one small onion for this meat pie recipe. Any onion variety works fine.
- Flour: This is used to thicken the pot pie filling. You could also use cornstarch or tapioca flour.
- Chicken Broth: I like to use chicken broth in this recipe, but you could also use water.
- Butter: I like to use salted butter in this recipe, however you could use unsalted if that is what you have on hand.
- Salt and Pepper: Taste and season to your preference.
How To Make Crescent Roll Chicken Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large pot cook the onion in the butter until softened.
- Stir in the flour and chicken broth and continue cooking until mixture thickens and boils.
- Add the potatoes, mixed vegetables, cream of chicken soup, and rotisserie chicken to the pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place them over the top of the chicken pot pie filling.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let it cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Note: This recipe works for Thanksgiving leftover turkey pot pie as well! Simply substitute the chicken for turkey.
This homemade chicken pot pie is the perfect meal for large families or groups.
It can also great for meal prep since it reheats well.
More Crescent Roll Recipes
Crescent Roll Chicken Pot Pie FAQ’s
One way to thicken a pot pie filling is to cornstarch or flour. Cornstarch or flour is mixed with cold water until it forms a slurry, then it is added to the hot filling. Stir until the flour has dissolved and the sauce has thickened. This will help to thicken the filling quickly.
Potatoes are often used in chicken pot pie recipes, but it is not a requirement. So, while some chicken pot pies do contain potatoes, others do not. I like to add potatoes to this chicken pot pie bake because it makes it hearty, but you can leave them out if you prefer.
Store chicken pot pie in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze chicken pot pie for up to 2 months. Make sure to label and date the container so you know what it is and when it was frozen.
To reheat chicken pot pie thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken pot pie on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. You can also reheat individual slices in the microwave. Simply place a slice on a plate and reheat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
This crescent roll chicken pot pie has a crispy and buttery crescent roll crust with creamy and flavorful filling and will leave you feeling satisfied. Perfect for busy weeknights.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 bag (10-16oz) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can diced potatoes
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 oz chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can crescent rolls
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken broth and cream of chicken soup, and stir until combined.
- Add in frozen vegetables, diced potatoes, and chicken. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour mixture into a large baking dish or pie dish.
- Unroll crescent rolls and place over the top of the filling.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This recipe works for Thanksgiving leftover turkey pot pie as well! Simply substitute the chicken for turkey.
Amount Per Serving Calories 423Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 101mgSodium 956mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 22g