Everyone that has tried this Pico de Gallo simple and authentic recipe has loved it. Just 5 ingredients and you will have the best salsa you have ever tried!
Great pico de gallo recipe to accompany the best guacamole for this coming cinco de Mayo.
Pico de gallo salsa is seriously addictive. It goes by several names such as Salsa Fresca, Salsa Mexicana and Salsa Cruda just to name a few.
It is made in just 10 minutes with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, fresh squeezed lime juice and jalapeño.
Fresh Pico de Gallo Ingredients
- Tomatoes: When you cut the tomatoes make sure to take the pulp out (deveined). This will prevent the salsa from being too watery.
- Lime: Always use fresh squeezed lime juice. It’s the best fresh favor for the salsa.
- Jalapeño: Seed the jalapeño pepper for less heat. If you want it more spicy use a Serrano pepper. (Make sure to wear gloves, as these spicy peppers can burn and hurt )
- Cilantro: This is a must on an authentic recipe. However, if you do not like cilantro feel free the skip it.
- Onion: I like to use red onions because is sweeter than the yellow or white onions.
- Sea salt: Make sure you salt generously.
- Pepper: Pepper to taste.
Delicious Mexican Recipes to Serve with Pico de Gallo
How to Make a Simple Authentic Pico de Gallo
This salsa recipe is so simple and quick to make. So easy as to just chop all ingredients toss and combine in a bowl and that’s it!! Time to dig in!!!
Don’t be afraid of using salt. Taste as you go.
Also using fresh lime juice is key for the authentic flavor of this pico de gallo recipe.
It is best served fresh. However, if you have leftover this recipe can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days in a tight container.
More Delicious Recipes to Try
- Fruit Salad Recipes
- Easy Recipes for Tight Budgets
- Easy High Protein Meal Prep Recipes
- Best Keto Drinks
- Keto Strawberry Smoothie
- Easy Keto Meal Prep
- Vegan Meal Prep Ideas
- Healthy Meal Prep Ideas
What is The Difference Between Salsa and Pico de Gallo?
Pico de gallo is salsa but he consistency is a chunkier more robust type of salsa. Salsa is a more watery version of Pico de gallo. The ingredient are chopped smaller with more liquids.
Pin and Save