Here are some easy Thanksgiving salad recipes for you to choose from.
Salad is a perfect choice for Thanksgiving dinner. You can serve it as a starter, or side dish.
You can try one of these simple salad recipes to start the meal rather than serving the same old salad you have every year.
I offer you 30 easy Thanksgiving salads that are sure to be a hit at your table.
If you want an idea of what kind of Thanksgiving salad recipes you should be preparing, just browse through these excellent examples of dishes that will look lovely on your Thanksgiving dinner table.
If you need more Thanksgiving side dishes, be sure to check out these easy sides that would have your guests coming back for seconds!
1. Caprese Salad with Prosciutto
One of Thanksgiving’s easiest salad recipes is the Caprese Salad with Prosciutto. This light and fresh dish add a fun twist to an Italian classic.
Ingredients for Caprese Salad with Prosciutto
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes (sliced)
- 5-8 oz fresh mozzarella (sliced)
- 1/2-1 cup basil leaves
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Caprese Salad Instructions:
- Layer tomato, mozzarella, basil, and prosciutto in a dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
2. Cranberry Apple Pecan Salad
An amazing fall salad with the best creamy poppyseed dressing that you will ever have!
The crunch of the apples and pecans, the tartness of the cranberries combined with a creamy poppyseed dressing is an explosion of flavors in your mouth. I think you’ll love it as much as we do.
Ingredients for Cranberry Apple Pecan Salad
- 6 ounces of baby spinach
- 1 cup of coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup of dried cranberries
Creamy Poppyseed Dressing:
- ⅓ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 teaspoons of cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the baby spinach, chopped pecans, Granny Smith apples, crumbled feta cheese, and dried cranberries.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, cider vinegar, and poppy seeds to create the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mixture and toss well to coat all the ingredients evenly.
3. Roasted Butternut Squash Blackberry Salad
This Harvest Blackberry and Butternut Squash Massaged Kale Salad is an excellent healthy lunch or dinner and even doubles as a holiday salad to share.
It’s made with roasted butternut squash, candied nuts, Driscoll’s blackberries, and massaged kale with a homemade dressing!
This easy salad is my new go-to Thanksgiving salad, it’s so simple to make!
Ingredients for Kale and Roasted Butternut Squash Salad:
- 10 oz. kale, deboned and chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Roasted Butternut Squash:
- 1/2 butternut squash (about 24 ounces), cubed
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Candied Nuts and Seeds:
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Other Salad Ingredients:
- 12 oz. blackberries
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Kale: Massage kale with olive oil and salt in a bowl for 3-4 minutes.
- Roasted Squash: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place cubed squash on an oiled baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Candied Nuts and Seeds: On another oiled baking sheet, toss pecans and pumpkin seeds with maple syrup and sea salt. Roast at 400ºF for 8-10 minutes.
- Dressing: Shake Dijon mustard, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and sea salt in a jar.
- Assemble Salad: Combine blackberries, goat cheese, cranberries, kale, roasted nuts and seeds, and squash in a large bowl. Toss with dressing and serve.
4. Winter Salad with Pears and Pomegranate
A stunning winter salad filled with greens, pomegranate, pears, and oranges – and finished off with walnuts, feta cheese, and a delicious 4 ingredient dressing! So quick + delicious!
Double or cut the recipe in half, as needed.
Ingredients for Salad with Pears and Pomegranate
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 large pomegranate, seeded
- 2 medium ripe pears (Bartlett and Anjou varieties work well), sliced
- 3 small mandarin oranges (often called “cuties” in grocery stores), peeled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, whole or chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice if you don’t have ACV)
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard (or Dijon mustard, if preferred)
- Make the Dressing: Combine the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, water, and honey mustard in a jar with a tightly secured lid, or in a small bowl. Shake (if using a jar) or whisk (if in a bowl) until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Assemble the Salad: In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, spinach, seeded pomegranate, sliced pears, peeled mandarin oranges, walnuts, and feta cheese.
- Serve: Add the dressing to the salad just before serving, tossing well to ensure everything is evenly coated. If you’re a fan of more dressing, feel free to double the dressing recipe.
5. Honeycrisp Apple and Kale Salad
All the best produce that fall has to offer combined into one big beautiful salad.
Shredded kale, sweet honeycrisp apples, pomegranate, pumpkin seeds, and crispy prosciutto. All tossed with a caramelized shallot vinaigrette.
Healthy, simple and delicious, this salad is sure to become a new fall staple!
Ingredients for Honeycrisp Apple and Kale Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 heads of kale, shredded
- 2 honey crisp apples, thinly sliced
- Arils from 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Cider Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fig preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat Oven: Set oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roast Pepitas and Prosciutto: Toss pepitas with olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet. Add prosciutto slices around them. Bake for 10-15 minutes until pepitas are toasted and prosciutto is crisp.
- Prepare Salad Base: Mix shredded kale, sliced apples, and pomegranate arils in a large salad bowl.
- Make Cider Vinaigrette: Heat olive oil in a skillet, add shallots, and cook until fragrant (2-3 minutes). Off heat, stir in apple cider vinegar, fig preserves, and thyme. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Combine and Serve: Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, toss, and top with roasted pepitas, prosciutto, and feta cheese. Serve immediately.
6. Cranberry Almond Apple Slaw
Crunchy, fresh, and delicious, this Cranberry, Almond, and Apple Slaw recipe is the perfect side dish for your dinner parties.
The unique combination of flavors works really well together to create a great salad that is great for all occasions.
Ingredients for Cranberry Almond Apple Slaw
For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt (preferably Fage or another thick variety)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Coleslaw:
- 1 small cabbage, shredded (about 6 – 7 cups packed or 16 oz chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 2 large Gala apples, sliced into matchsticks (approximately 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, blue cheese, or shredded sharp cheddar (optional)
- Prepare the Dressing: In a mixing bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, and apple cider vinegar until smooth. Season the dressing with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Assemble the Coleslaw: In a large bowl, toss together the shredded cabbage, matchstick carrots, apple matchsticks, green onions, sliced almonds, and dried cranberries. If using cheese, add it to the coleslaw mixture.
- Combine and Serve: Pour the prepared dressing over the cabbage mixture. Toss everything together to ensure the coleslaw is evenly coated with the dressing.
- You can use whole, low-fat, or even fat-free Greek yogurt in this recipe.
- The recipe yields about 10 cups of coleslaw.
- The nutritional estimate does not include cheese, as it is an optional ingredient.
7. Asparagus Caprese Salad
Simple, elegant, and flavorful, asparagus caprese salad combines asparagus, fresh mozzarella, tomato & basil for a tasty side!
Not only is it absolutely delicious, but it’s absolutely beautiful too.
Ingredients for Asparagus Caprese Salad
- 1 lb asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz mozzarella balls
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook Asparagus: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
- Prepare Gremolata: While the asparagus is cooking, prepare the gremolata. In a small bowl, combine the minced basil, parsley, lemon zest, and minced garlic. Set this mixture aside.
- Drain and Cool Asparagus: Once the asparagus is cooked, drain it and immediately rinse with cold water to halt the cooking process. Pat the asparagus dry with a paper towel.
- Assemble the Salad: Place the asparagus on a platter. Top the asparagus with the halved heirloom cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls. Drizzle the salad with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle the gremolata mixture over the top of the salad.
- Season and Serve: Season the salad with a little salt and black pepper to taste. Serve the salad either warmed or chilled, as preferred.
8. Honeycrisp Apple Salad
Honeycrisp apple salad is a sweet, seasonal take on green salad, filled with fresh apples and candied walnuts all tossed with a spiced cider vinaigrette!
This simple yet flavorful salad is an excellent addition to the Thanksgiving table!
Ingredients for Honeycrisp Apple Salad
For the Apple Salad:
- 2 heads frisée, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups wild arugula
- 1 cup candied walnuts
- 2 large Honeycrisp apples, sliced into thin matchsticks (unpeeled)
For the Spiced Cider Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, lightly chopped (can be candied or plain)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon plus a pinch of salt
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of curry powder
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- Prepare the Vinaigrette: In the bowl of a food processor, combine all the vinaigrette ingredients up to and including the curry powder. Process until everything is well combined and smooth. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the oil. Continue processing until the vinaigrette is well emulsified and blended. This should yield about 1 cup of dressing.
- Assemble the Apple Salad: In a large bowl, combine the frisée, arugula, candied walnuts, and about half of the matchstick-sliced apples. Drizzle lightly with some of the spiced cider vinaigrette. Divide the salad into equal portions in bowls, plates, or onto a large serving platter. Top each serving with the remaining matchstick-sliced apples. Add another generous drizzle of the vinaigrette over the top.
- Serve: The salad can be served as is, or garnished with a few additional candied walnuts for extra flavor and crunch. Any leftover dressing can be stored in the fridge for future use.
9. Tomato Basil Avocado Mozzarella Salad
Tomato Basil Avocado Mozzarella Salad with Balsamic Dressing.
The beautiful color of the Cherry tomatoes takes center stage on this holiday salad and is a colorful addition to any Thanksgiving table.
You’ll love this refreshing, healthy, Mediterranean-style salad. Made with fresh ingredients, it’s just perfect!
Tomato Basil Avocado Mozzarella Salad Ingredients
- ½ pound red grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (about 2 cups)
- ½ pound yellow grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (about 2 cups)
- 2 avocados, diced
- 8 ounces small fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey, warmed
- Salt, to taste
- Prepare the Salad: In a large bowl, combine the halved red and yellow grape or cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, and chopped basil. Leave the mozzarella cheese balls aside for now.
- Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and warmed honey until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Combine Salad and Dressing: Pour the dressing over the tomato and avocado mixture in the large bowl. Sprinkle with a small amount of salt and toss everything together to coat well. Taste the salad and season with more salt if needed.
- Add Mozzarella: After dressing the salad, gently place the mozzarella cheese balls on top. This prevents the cheese from browning due to the dressing.
- Serve: The salad is now ready to be served. Enjoy this fresh and flavorful combination!
10. Mediterranean Salad Recipe
This salad makes a delicious recipe for a light meal or as a side dish when entertaining.
A salad that is perfect any time of year. Each bite of this easy salad is full of nourishing vegetables and a tangy herb vinaigrette! It’s fresh, full of color, and has so much flavor.
Ingredients for Mediterranean Salad
- 4 cups salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 8 ounces Feta cheese
- Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette (to be served on the side)
- Assemble the Salad: On a medium serving platter or in a medium-sized bowl, layer the salad ingredients. Begin with the salad greens as the base. Add the chopped tomatoes and cucumbers on top of the greens. Follow with the sliced red onion. Finally, top the salad with the Feta cheese, spreading it evenly over the top.
- Serve: Present the Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette on the side for self-serving. Guests can add the vinaigrette to their preference, allowing for customization in terms of dressing amount and mixing.
11. Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
Crisp apples, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and hearty walnuts come together in a fresh Autumn Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad.
Who wants to spend Thanksgiving in the kitchen?
Not me! I like to sit back and spend time with my family. That doesn’t mean, however, that I don’t want delicious food on this special day.
Ingredients for Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
- 6 cups salad greens (a mix of arugula and baby spinach or any spring green mix)
- 1 red apple
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (such as Diamond of California)
- 4-6 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped (optional)
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar in a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup oil
Candied Walnuts (optional):
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare the Salad: Core and chop the apples into thin slices or 1-inch chunks. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, chopped apples, walnuts, feta cheese, cooked bacon (if using), and dried cranberries together.
- Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the apple juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and black pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil until well combined. Alternatively, you can combine these ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously.
- Candied Walnuts Preparation (Optional): Line a baking sheet with greased parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. In a medium nonstick pan over medium heat, melt the butter and sugar. Once the butter has melted, stir in the walnut halves, salt, and cinnamon. Continue stirring until the walnuts are well coated. Remove from heat and immediately spread the walnuts out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Allow the walnuts to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Final Assembly: Just before serving, toss the salad with the prepared dressing. If using candied walnuts, sprinkle them over the salad. Serve and enjoy the delicious combination of flavors and textures
Mandarin Pomegranate Spinach Salad is a festive colorful fruit-filled salad that’s perfect for holidays and parties!
A mouthwatering winter salad, this dish will be a center of attraction at your next dinner party.
Is a festive colorful fruit-filled salad that’s perfect for holidays and parties!
Creamy and Crunchy Salad with Peas, Bacon, and Pecans – easy salad and also could be served as a side dish that will go with many different kinds of main dishes.
My favorite fresh salad featuring healthy greens, sliced apple, toasted pepitas, dried cranberries, and crumbled goat cheese.
A refreshing salad that is a nice change from the traditional Thanksgiving spread.
15. Greek Salad
A healthy Greek salad packed with crisp vegetables and creamy feta tossed in a tasty red wine vinaigrette dressing.
A wonderful salad that is perfect for this time of the year. You can serve it at room temperature or even chilled!
This delightful combination combines well with the flavors of Thanksgiving dinner.
Radish and Cucumber Salad with Garlic-Yogurt Dressing: deliciously crunchy slices of cucumber and radish, tossed with a yogurt dressing.
The salad is crunchy, fresh, and delicious!
The dressing is truly tasty! I wasn’t sure about radish and cucumber, but this salad was amazing.
Roasted Beet and Apple Salad – Simple and elegant roasted beet salad with apples, walnuts, feta cheese, and maple vinaigrette.
A beautiful dish for your table. A healthy salad recipe that’s perfect for Thanksgiving or any holiday.
This strawberry spinach salad is made with fresh strawberries, candied pecans, feta, red onion, & a homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
This Thanksgiving salad is the perfect combination of savory and sweet!
Made this dish for Christmas dinner and it was perfect in every way. The flavor and color combination was great.
I did not change anything in the recipe, the flavors married well together.
Can be served hot or cold.
This is a great Thanksgiving salad choice because it can be made ahead of time.
Recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash and Cranberry Salad. Drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette, this fall quinoa salad is the perfect side dish for your holiday table.
Other Thanksgiving Recipes to Try!
If you liked these Healthy Thanksgiving desserts then checkout these other healthy dessert recipes:
Thanksgiving Salad Recipes
- Caprese Salad with Proscuitto
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Blackberry Salad
- Winter Salad with Pears and Pomegranate
- Honeycrisp Apple and Kale Salad
- Cranberry Almond Apple Slaw
- Asparagus Caprese Salad
- Honeycrisp Apple Salad]
- Tomato Basil Avocado Mozzarella Salad
- Mediterranean Salad Recipe
- Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
- [Mandarin Pomegranate Spinach Salad ]
- [Creamy and Crunchy Salad]
- [Favorite Green Salad with Apples, and Cranberries]
- [Greek Salad]
- [Radish and Cucumber Salad]
- [Roasted Beet and Apple Salad]
- [Strawberry Spinach Salad]
- [Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad]
- [Roasted Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad]
- Pick a favorite Thanksgiving salad recipe.
- Have all ingredients ready
- Enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with family and friends!