This Cranberry Mimosa is a simple yet elegant two-ingredient cocktail that combines the tartness of cranberry juice with the effervescence of champagne, making it a festive choice for holiday celebrations.
If you’re on the hunt for a festive holiday drink that’s not only a showstopper but also incredibly easy to make, your search ends with the Cranberry Mimosa.
This stunning cocktail is a versatile gem, perfect for a range of festivities from Thanksgiving to holiday parties to Christmas to New Year’s Eve.
With only 2 ingredients, this drink is festive and straightforward, making it ideal for entertaining guests during the holiday season.
This Champagne cocktail is so flavorful and festive on its own that you won’t even miss the Triple Sec or other orange liqueurs.
Why Cranberry Mimosas are an Absolute “Must-Try”
The Cranberry Mimosa is not just another Christmas drink; it’s an elegant cranberry-flavored Champagne cocktail that deserves a spot on your holiday menu.
Here’s why this crisp and delicious cocktail is a must-try:
- Effortless Preparation: With only 2 ingredients, you can whip up this cocktail in no time, leaving you more time to mingle with your guests.
- Versatility: This isn’t just a Poinsettia drink reserved for Christmas; its adaptability makes it suitable for any holiday dinner or celebratory occasion.
- Ease of Serving: This cocktail is so easy-to-serve. Just pour it into elegant champagne flutes to maintain its classy appeal throughout your event.
- Festive Flair: Holiday Vibes, the rich red hue and tartness of the cranberry juice infuse the drink with holiday flavors, making it a perfect holiday drink.
Cranberry Mimosa Detailed Breakdown of Ingredients
For a more comprehensive understanding, let’s delve into the ingredients that make this cocktail so special.
(See the recipe card below for full ingredient list with quantities & instructions)
- Cranberry Juice: The star ingredient that brings the holiday flavors. The vibrant red elixir that not only adds holiday flavors but also a burst of festive color.
- Champagne or Prosecco: Whether you opt for a champagne cocktail or a prosecco cocktail, this bubbly addition elevates the drink to celebratory heights.
Step-By-Step Instructions for Crafting Your Cranberry Mimosa
- Preparation: Chill your cranberry juice and champagne beforehand.
- Combining Ingredients: In a champagne flute, pour the chilled cranberry juice until it fills about one-third of the glass.
- Adding the Bubbly: Carefully top off the glass with your choice of chilled champagne.
- Final Touch: Serve immediately to enjoy a Cranberry Mimosa that’s both elegant and festive.
Recommendations for Recipe Variations
When it comes to cranberry Christmas cocktails, the sky’s the limit. Here are some exciting twists:
Cranberry-Apple Cider Mimosa
Imagine the comforting flavors of apple cider melding seamlessly with the tartness of cranberry juice. This variation is like autumn meeting winter in a joyful dance of flavors. Celebrate the flavors of fall with this unique twist.
Spiced Cranberry Mimosa
Picture your Cranberry Mimosa with a hint of warm spices like cinnamon and star anise. It’s the holiday season captured in a flute.
Simplified Storage and Serving Tips
This cocktail is best when freshly made. However, you can prepare by chilling the cranberry juice and champagne in advance.
This ensures that each drink is festive, crisp, and delicious from Thanksgiving to holiday parties to Christmas to New Year’s Eve.
Can I use a non-alcoholic substitute?
Absolutely, you can make a cranberry mimosa mocktail with sparkling water or non-alcoholic sparkling wine can be a great alternative.
What is the best alcohol for mimosas?
The best alcohol for mimosas is typically a dry sparkling wine, with Champagne being the premium choice and Prosecco or Cava serving as more budget-friendly alternatives.
Can I make a batch of Cranberry Mimosas in advance?
It’s best to mix this cocktail right before serving to maintain its effervescence, but you can certainly chill the cranberry juice and sparkling wine in advance.
How can I make the Cranberry Mimosa more citrusy without using Triple Sec?
A splash of fresh orange or lime juice can add a citrusy note without the need for Triple Sec or other orange liqueurs.
More Holiday Cocktails to Try!
Cranberry Mimosas! This simple yet elegant cocktail combines tart cranberry juice with sparkling champagne. Served in champagne flutes and perfect for any festive occasion, it's the go-to drink for a cheerful and sophisticated gathering.
- 4 oz Cranberry Juice, chilled
- 8 oz Champagne or Prosecco, chilled
- Optional: Fresh cranberries and a sprig of rosemary for garnish
- Preparation: Make sure your cranberry juice and champagne or prosecco are well-chilled before you begin.
- Pour the Juice: Take two champagne flutes and pour 2 oz of chilled cranberry juice into each glass.
- Add the Bubbly: Carefully top off each glass with 4 oz of your chosen chilled champagne or prosecco.
- Stir Gently: Use a cocktail stirrer to gently mix the cranberry juice and champagne together in each glass.
- Garnish: If desired, add a few fresh cranberries and a sprig of rosemary to each glass for a festive touch.
- Serve Immediately: Serve the Cranberry Mimosas immediately and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 211Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 15mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 10gProtein 1g