This white wine pasta sauce is an easy and delicious dish that elevates any meal!
It’s packed full of flavor thanks to a good splash of white wine, some zesty lemon juice, and a generous helping of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Wondering what’s for dinner tonight? Make this white wine sauce recipe and you’ll be done in 15 minutes or less!
This simple yet tasty dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
It’s quick to make, uses minimal ingredients, and will have everyone coming back for seconds.
Pair your white wine pasta sauce with some delicious seafood or chicken dishes, or enjoy it on its own as the star of the show.
You won’t regret it!
So what are you waiting for?
Get cooking today and enjoy this amazing white wine sauce recipe!
This is why you’ll love this white wine pasta sauce
This pasta sauce with white wine recipe is sure to become a regular on your dinner table!
Not only is it incredibly tasty and refreshing, but it’s also amazingly easy to make.
- The entire dish can be prepared in 15 minutes or less, so you don’t have to worry about spending hours in the kitchen.
- What’s more, this white wine sauce is not only delicious on its own. It also serves as an amazing base for seafood or chicken dishes. The subtle flavor from the white wine will really bring out the other flavors in your meal.
- And let’s not forget about all that Parmesan cheese! This savory ingredient takes your dish up a notch with its unique texture and flavor. It’s truly the perfect balance of tartness and umami that completes any meal.
So if you’re looking for an easy yet delicious dinner idea that won’t keep you stuck in the kitchen for hours, try this wine pasta sauce tonight!
Perfect for busy weeknights.
Ingredients for the white wine cream sauce for pasta
Olive Oil: A good quality extra virgin olive oil is key for this recipe.
Butter: Adds an amazing richness to the white wine sauce. I like to use salted butter, but unsalted is fine too.
White Wine: Dry white wine is the best choice for this recipe, as it gives the perfect amount of sweetness and flavor to your white pasta sauce!
Garlic: Fresh garlic brings a wonderful flavor to the sauce. Never use powdered garlic!
Red Pepper Flakes: This is optional. The peperoncini adds a subtle heat to the dish. Use if you want your wine sauce to have a bit of kick.
Lemon Juice: This zesty ingredient adds a fantastic tartness that really brightens up the dish.
Parmesan Cheese: Finish off your white wine cream sauce with generous amounts of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. This brings a delicious nuttiness to the sauce.
Salt and Pepper: To taste.
Parsley: This is optional, but it adds a nice freshness to the dish.
Now that you have all the ingredients, it’s time to get cooking!
How to make creamy white wine pasta sauce
- Cook Pasta: Boil according to packet instructions. I like to use thick spaghetti or fettuccini, but any type of pasta will do. (Reserve 1 cup of pasta water to make the white wine sauce creamy)
- Sauté the garlic: Heat some olive oil and butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Make the sauce: Pour in the white wine and simmer until it has reduced by half, about 4-5 minutes. Add in the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese: Here is when you taste and adjust seasoning to you liking. Cook for an additional 2 minutes stirring until the white pasta sauce thickens.
- Add the pasta: Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the white wine sauce and toss until everything is evenly coated. If needed add water reserved from the cooked pasta to make the sauce creamier.
- Finish with parsley: Finish off the dish by sprinkling some freshly chopped parsley on top for added flavor and color.
Serve warm and enjoy this creamy white wine sauce with your favorite seafood or chicken dish.
Recipe Tips and Variations
This white pasta sauce is so tasty just as is, but if you want to try something different you can add the following.
- Cream: For a creamy white wine pasta sauce, add 2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream. This will give the sauce a lovely silkiness.
- Mushrooms: Sauté some mushrooms in butter before making the sauce. They make a delicious addition to this dish.
- Veggies like spinach and kale also work great.
- Shrimp: If you want to add some seafood, try adding cooked shrimp. This is a great option for an entrée-style meal.
- Mussels: You can also add cooked mussels to your white wine sauce.
As you can see, there are so many possibilities with this easy and delicious white wine sauce recipe.
How to Store White Wine Sauce
Store any leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
This makes it a perfect quick dinner idea that you can whip up in no time at all!
Delight your family and friends with this amazing creamy white wine pasta sauce recipe.
Which white wine to use for this wine pasta sauce
What’s the Best White Wine to Cook With?
When making white wine pasta sauce, it’s best to use a dry white wine.
- Pinot Grigio
- Sauvignon Blanc
These wines have a light and refreshing flavor that won’t overpower the other ingredients.
They also pair well with the zesty lemon juice and savory Parmesan cheese, creating a perfectly balanced dish.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
If you liked this white wine pasta sauce, you might also like some of my other easy pasta recipes:
- Shrimp Garlic-Lemon Pasta
- Spaghetti Pomodoro
- Easy Dinner Pasta Recipes
- Weight Watchers Pasta Recipes
White wine pasta sauce is an incredibly easy yet tasty dish that's perfect for a weeknight dinner. It comes together in 15 minutes or less and uses minimal ingredients. Serve this white wine pasta sauce with some delicious seafood or chicken dishes, or enjoy it on its own as the star of the show.
- 10 oz fettuccini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- a sprinkle parsley
- Boil fettuccini according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water for later use.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
- Pour in white wine and simmer until reduce by half, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir in Parmesan cheese for an additional 2 minutes until the white pasta sauce thickens.
- Add cooked fettuccini to the pan with the white wine sauce and mix everything together, adding reserve pasta water if needed to make it creamier.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley on top for added flavor and color.
- Fresh garlic - Brings a wonderful flavor to the sauce.
- Butter - Salted butter is preferred since it adds an amazing richness to the white wine sauce.
- Dry white wine - Dry white wine is the best choice for this recipe sauce, as it gives the perfect amount of sweetness and flavor to your white pasta sauce!
- Pasta - Don't overcook it, pasta is best served Ad-Dente since you want the pasta to still have a bit of bite when served.
Amount Per Serving Calories 322Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 34mgSodium 375mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 8g