Nothing beats a bowl of homemade chili on a cold winter night.
Who doesn’t love a bowl of the best chili?
It’s flavorful and the perfect comfort food, and it can be made for a cozy family dinner to an outdoor tailgate party.
Whether you’re looking for a classic chili recipe or something more creative, there’s sure to be something that will hit the spot.
So if you’re in the mood for some comfort food without having to leave your kitchen, try making up a batch of homemade chili – it’s sure to become one of your family favorite recipes!
Ingredients for the best chili ever!
- Ground beef
- Olive oil
- Tomato paste
- Tomato sauce
- Diced tomatoes
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Brown sugar
- Red kidney beans
- Beef broth
- Salt and pepper
How to make chili
How to make the best homemade chili is easy and comes together in just a few simple steps.
- Start by heating oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add all the spices and seasoning and brown sugar.
- Stir and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, beef broth and red kidney beans, and stir to combine.
- Bring the chili to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow it to simmer for 15-20 minutes until the flavors have melded together.
Enjoy your delicious bowl of homemade chili – it’s sure to become one of your favorite weeknight meals.
This is truly the best chili ever – so give it a try and let me know what you think!
How to thicken chili?
One easy way to thicken chili is by adding a roux. A roux is a combination of fat and flour that is cooked together until it forms a paste. This paste can then be added directly to the chili, stirring well as you go, to help create a thicker consistency.
What to serve with chili?
If you want to know what goes well with this chili recipe, there are plenty of delicious sides to choose from. Here are some popular choices for this recipe for chili:
- White rice, which is a great way to help absorb the chili’s flavors and spices.
- Cornbread, which can be served as a side or crumbled on top of chili.
- Baked potato, which can either be served as a side or mashed and added directly to the chili.
- Tortilla chips, which are great for scooping up spoonfuls of chili.
How long does chili last in the fridge?
Chili is a hearty and delicious dish that can last in the fridge for a while.
How to store chili
Storing chili is simple and easy. Leftover chili can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days in an airtight container.
You may also choose to freeze your chili for a later date. To do this, let the chili cool fully before transferring it into freezer-safe bags or containers.
How do you reheat chili?
Reheating chili is a simple process. First, transfer the leftover chili into a pot and heat on low until it reaches the desired temperature.
Alternatively, you can also reheat your chili in the microwave by placing it in a microwave safe bowl and heating on medium heat in one-minute intervals, stirring between each interval.
More Easy Recipes For Busy Weekends
- Lemon Butter Pasta
- White Bean Chicken Chili
- Easy Air Fryer Dinners
- Crockpot Soups and Stews
- P.F. Chang’s Copycat Recipes
- Sheet Pan Recipes
This traditional recipe for chili is the best classic chili ever! Perfect for weeknight meals, this chili is packed with ground beef, beans and a homemade blend of spices. This easy to make chili will quickly become a family favorite!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 15 oz Diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 15 oz can red kidney beans
- 2 cups beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add spices and seasoning and brown sugar, stirring and cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, beef broth and red kidney beans and stir to combine.
- Bring the chili to a boil.
- Reduce heat to and allow it to simmer for 15-20 minutes until the flavors have melded together.
Amount Per Serving Calories 431Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 101mgSodium 593mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 37g