This home-cooked Chili Mac is the perfect combination of two favorite comfort foods: Chili and Macaroni & Cheese.
It’s hearty, delicious, and incredibly easy to make – plus it can be ready in just 30 minutes!
That makes it ideal for a busy weeknight dinner or a quick back-to-school meal.
This comforting dish is the perfect way to enjoy all of your favorite comfort foods in one easy-to-make meal.
It’s a great way to use ground beef and pasta for a satisfying family dinner.
Chili Macaroni and Cheese
This chili mac recipe is incredibly delicious and sure to please the whole family.
This one-pot dinner makes for a hearty meal that’s full of flavor.
The best homemade chili combined with cheesy classic macaroni and cheese makes for a creamy, savory dish that is sure to satisfy anyone’s hunger.
You can make this Chili Mac on the stove top, in a slow cooker, or even an Instant Pot for a quick dinner.
What Goes in Chili Mac and Cheese
- Ground beef
- Beef broth
- Red kidney beans
- Olive oil
- Green pepper
- Chili powder
- Tomato paste
- Crushed tomatoes
- Tomato puree
- Cheddar Cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Chili Mac
- Start by heating some oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until it is browned.
- Once the beef is cooked, add onions, green peppers, and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour in beef broth, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and tomato puree and bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked macaroni noodles. Cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Finish off by stirring in cheeses and serve warm!
Chili Mac is a great twist on traditional American Goulash and chili con carne, perfect for busy weeknights.
This delicious and easy one pot pasta dish combines the bold flavors of chili with macaroni noodles.
What To Serve with Chili Mac
Chili Mac is a hearty dish that pairs perfectly with popular side dishes.
For a classic pairing, try serving chili mac n’ cheese with the following:
- Cornbread: Delicious cornbread is the perfect side dish for this meal. It adds a hint of sweetness and texture that perfectly complements the savory flavors of the chili.
- Biscuits: Serve biscuits on the side as a great way to soak up all of the delicious sauce.
- Green Salad: A light and refreshing green salad is a great way to add balance to this hearty dish.
- Coleslaw: Topping chili mac with coleslaw adds crunch and creaminess that pairs so well with the bold flavors of the dish.
How To Store and Reheat Chili Mac
How to Store
Refrigerator: Store the chili mac in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freezer: Freeze the chili mac in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 2 months.
How To Reheat
Stovetop: Place chili mac in a saucepan over medium heat and cook until warmed through. If it looks too dry, add some water or broth to help it along.
Microwave: Place chili mac in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 1 minute. Stir, then continue heating in 20 second intervals until the chili mac is warmed through.
Oven: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Put chili mac into an oven safe dish and cover with foil. Heat for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
More Easy Recipes For Busy Weekends
- Supreme Pizza Toppings
- Hamburger Mac and Cheese
- White Bean Chicken Chili
- Saturday Night Dinners
- Easy Air Fryer Dinners
- Crockpot Soups and Stews
- P.F. Chang’s Copycat Recipes
This chili mac recipe is the ultimate one-pot comfort food. The perfect weeknight dinner for busy nights, this dish only requires one pot and comes together in less than 30 minutes. With easy preparation, minimal ingredients and delicious taste, Chili Macaroni and cheese is sure to become a favorite for the entire family.
- 8 oz (250g) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound (450g) ground beef
- 2 cup (475 ml) beef broth
- 14 oz can (400g) red kidney beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup (210g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (210g) tomato puree
- 1 cup (225g) cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup (225g) mozzarella cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, add the ground beef and cook until the meat has browned.
- Add the onion, green pepper and garlic to the skillet and cook 2-3 minutes, until vegetables have softened. Add in cumin, chili powder, paprika and tomato paste and stir everything together.
- Pour in beef broth, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato puree and elbow macaroni. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until macaroni is tender.
- Turn off heat and add in cheeses, stir until cheese has melted and combined with the mixture.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired and serve hot.
- For a spicier chili mac, you can add jalapeno peppers or other hot peppers to the recipe.
- When you add the cheese stir cheese, turn stove off and cover until melted so you don't end up with a clumpy sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 485Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 24mgSodium 252mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 8gSugar 5gProtein 24g