A cheap Aldi meal plan for a family of 5 for about $50/week. You can feed a family of five for a week with this grocery list and meals.
As I was preparing for my shopping trip, the idea of creating 7 dinners at $50 cheap Aldi meal plan crossed my mind.
Some of you have asked for an in-depth breakdown.
So here’s my 7 dinners $50 Aldi meal plan!
I challenge myself every week by trying out new recipes for when life gets hectic – like right after work, or busy weekends taking the kids to sports and art classes.
It’s so much fun coming up with different dishes that don’t require tons of ingredients yet still taste great…and cost less than 50 dollars.
First I made my grocery list before I went to the store.
This gave me a starting point and let’s use what we have at home!
I’m a big fan of meal planning!
I’ve found that the easiest way to start my meal plan is by taking stock of everything I already have.
This gives me an idea of what ingredients are needed at home and lets us use this as a starting point when shopping!
It just makes sense to me to plan my meals.
So let’s get started!
$50 Cheap Aldi Meal Plan
This one-week Aldy meal plan for 7 dinners comes out to be less than 50 dollars.
The exact cost of all 7 dinners is: $41.68
Dinner 1: Sausage and Peppers
This is a simple dish that will be a crowd pleaser.
This sausages and peppers recipe are delicious and you can pair them with any veggies you have on hand!
I used green pepper, onion, but feel free to use your favorite mix of veggies.
This is a One pot dish – meaning everything is cooked in one pan.
Italian Sausages (5 Count) – $3.66
Frozen Pepper & Onion Blend – $2.33
Total spent- $6.49
Sausage and Peppers Recipe Instructions
- Cut the sausage in 2 in size.
- Cube the bell pepper and slice the onions.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the sausage and cook for about 7 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the onions and peppers and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Cook until onions are soft.
Dinner 2: Creamy Potatoes with Sausage
A delicious one pan meal that will warm you up on a chilly night.
This dish can be adjusted to your family’s taste so you don’t have to use milk if you don’t like creamy sauces.
This is a creamy simple dish that goes well with any protein. You can substitute the ground sausage for kielbasa for example.
1 lb ground sausage – $2.85
1 med. Onion – $0.43
4 medium potatoes, diced – $1.71
2 tbsp. Flour – $0.03
1 c. milk – $0.27
Total spent: $5.29
Creamy potatoes with sausage recipe instructions
- In a skillet cook the sausage and onion until they are brown about 5 minutes.
- Add water to cover the sausage. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes, and season with salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are tender. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Combine the flour and milk until smooth.
- Add mixture to potatoes and sausage and cook just until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Dinner 3: Beef Burritos
You don’t have to break the bank to eat Mexican food.
This one pan meal is perfect for busy weeknights!
You can use flank steak if you prefer, but it’s also good with ground beef. So many options with this tasty dish!
3 Tbsp lime juice – $0.29
2 tsp cumin – $0.02
2 tsp oregano – $0.02
1/2 tsp garlic powder – $0.02
1 cup beef broth – $0.45
2 lb. pork tenderloin – $4.38
1 onion chopped – $0.23
4 cloves garlic – $0.38
4 tortillas – $0.30
Total Spent: $6.10
Beef Burritos Recipe Instructions
- Combine salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, and garlic powder in a bowl. Rub all over pork.
- Place pork in the crockpot with everything else.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, and shred.
- Serve with tortilla wrap and sour cream.
Dinner 4: Turkey Chili
This recipe will make enough food to have leftovers.
You can always freeze the extra portions for another night.
You can serve this delicious chili with rice or spaghetti.
2 cans of beans – $0.49 each
1.5 lb. ground turkey – $4.90
1/4 bag small peppers – $.73
1/2 bag shredded cheese – $1.10
1/3 bag Carrot Sticks – $.55
1/3 3 oz can tomato paste – $.23
Total Spent: $8.49
Chilli recipe instructions:
- In a large saucepan, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey to the pan and season with salt. Brown the turkey for about 10 minutes until no longer pink in the center.
- Add diced peppers, 2 cans of beans, 1/3 of a 3 oz. can of tomato paste, chopped carrots and water or chicken broth. Season with salt, pepper and spices of choice and mix it in.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve!
Dinner 5: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
An easy meal that is ready in under 20 minutes.
That’s right, 20 minutes!
You can also make this dish with ground turkey instead and garlic bread on the side
Spaghetti with meat sauce is a family favorite!
1 can 16 oz meat sauce – $0.99.
16 oz spaghetti – $0.99.
1 onion: $0.35
1 bell pepper: $0.95
Olive Oil: $0.20
Parmesan Cheese: $0.40
Total Spent: $4.25
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Instructions
- Boil a pot of water with salt.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions of the package.
- Chop the onions and bell pepper.
- In another pan add the olive oil, onions, and pepper and sautee for about 2 minutes. Then add the can of meat pasta sauce. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to marinara sauce.
- Serve individually or just bring the pan to the table to serve family style.
- Bring the parmesan cheese to the table to add on top
Dinner 6: Chicken Noodle Soup
A classic chicken noodle soup meal that warms you up on cold winter nights.
This meal is perfect for when you are feeling under the weather too!
Warm and comforting, everyone will love this soup!
2 chicken breasts boneless chopped – $3.99
2 carrots sliced – $0.55
1 yellow onion chopped – $0.35
2 stalks of celery in small chunks – $0.14
3 cloves garlic minced – $0.29
6 ounces egg noodles – $0.71
4 cups chicken broth – $1.00
1 teaspoon fresh thyme and oregano – $.05
Total Spent: $7.08
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Instructions
- Heat a deep pan or dutch oven and add olive oil. onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Sprinkle the salt and pepper and toss until onions start getting translucent.
- Add the chicken and spices and cook until brown (about 10-12 minutes)
- Add the chicken broth and egg noodles and bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes or until noddle are soft.
Dinner 7: Ravioli With Broccoli
A quick meal that is ready in under 20 minutes.
What is great about this recipe is that it can be served with white sauce or red!
Ideal for busy families.
1 bag frozen ravioli – $2.49
1 Bag frozen Broccoli – $.99
1/2 can marinara sauce – $0.50 (optional)
Total Spent – $3.98
Ravioli Recipe Instructions
- Bring water to a boil add Ravioli and follow the package instructions.
- Heat a skillet with oil and add ravioli with broccoli florets and marinara sauce.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
$50 Cheap Aldi Meal Plan Conclusion
For around $50, a cheap Aldi meal plan will feed a family of five for a week. With this grocery list and recipes, you can feed a household of five for one week.