This spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic bread is a cheap and easy recipe to make. It is also one of those very quick recipes to put on the table in just minutes.
These Pasta Recipes is a very affordable way to feed your family and is very versatile.
If you want to save time you can double the recipe and save it in the refrigerator in a Tupperware to heat up for another night.
If you want to make a vegetarian version of this recipe substitute the meat pasta sauce for just a marinara sauce.
The addition of onions and bell pepper makes the dish heartier but is entirely optional.
If you have picky eaters just chop the onions and bell peppers very small and cook them few minutes longer to soften them up even further.
This will make them almost disappear in your kid’s eyes.
Spaghetti and meat sauce Recipe Cost Breakdown
- Meat Sauce: 1 can 16 oz for $0.99.
- Spaghetti: 1 package 16 oz for $0.99.
- Onion: $0.35
- Bell Pepper: $0.95
- Bread: $0.90
- Butter: $.0.37
- Olive Oil: $0.20
- Parmesan Cheese: $0.40
This meal feeds a family of 4 for a total cost of $5.15
That comes to $1.28 per serving per person.
For staples suck as pasta, tomato sauces, and spices look at the dollar store, Aldi, or your supermarket when running sales.
If you combine these sales with manufacturers’ coupon you get even bigger savings.
With these simple ways to save money on groceries, you can reduce your grocery bill by half.
You can find pasta on sale 2 for $1.
You may want to stock up on these deals whenever you can.
Also Buy different pasta shapes suck as spaghetti, penne, farfalle (bow-tie), linguini, rotini or ziti.
They are fun and kids love the shapes.
A frugal, easy and delicious spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic bread recipe your family will love.
- 1 Can meat pasta sauce
- 1 lbs Spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 Medium bell pepper Optional
- 1 Medium onion Optional
- 1 Baguette or Portuguese roll
- 1 oz Butter
- Sprinkle garlic powder
- 2.5 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Add 2 tbsp of salt to the pot of water for the pasta and put it on the stove. While the water for the pasta is on the stove getting ready to boil, cut the bread lengthwise and put butter on it, then sprinkle with remaining half tbsp of salt and garlic powder. Put in the oven under the broiler for about 3-4 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions of the package. Different brands have different cooking times (Usually 7-9 minutes) Depending on if you want your pasta al dente or more cooked.
- Chop the onions and bell pepper.
- In another pan add the olive oil, onions, and pepper and sautee for about 2 minutes. Then add the can of meat pasta sauce. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to marinara sauce.
- Serve individually or just bring the pan to the table to serve family style.
- Bring the parmesan cheese to the table to add on top
Amount Per Serving Calories 463Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 19mgSodium 4129mgCarbohydrates 75gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 4gSugar 7gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 16g
More Recipes you Will Love
- Italian Sausage Pasta
- Baked Spaghetti
- White Wine Pasta
- Rigatoni Bolognese Pasta
- Asian Inspired Chicken Wings
- Easy Shrimp Lemon-Butter Pasta
- One Pot Sausage with Onions and Peppers