Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes are the ultimate game-changer for any meal.
Looking for the perfect side dish that’s a hit at holiday dinners and casual hangouts alike?
You’ve found it!
This potato side dish is not only a holiday dinner staple but also a hearty dinner side that’s perfect for any occasion.
With the rich flavors of olive oil, parmesan cheese, and garlic, these oven roasted potatoes are the epitome of comfort food.
Trust me, this is comfort food at its best, and it’s so easy to make that you’ll be serving it up all the time.
Why Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes are a “Must-Try”
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes are an easy-to-make recipe that elevates the classic roasted potatoes to a whole new level.
Here’s why you need to try this dish:
- Effortless Cooking: An easy recipe that requires minimal prep and lets the oven do the work. Simply toss the ingredients together and let your oven do the work.
- Budget-Friendly: Red potatoes and basic pantry spices make this a cost-effective option.
- Adaptable: Whether it’s a holiday dinner or a casual meal, this side dish fits every occasion.
Detailed Breakdown of Ingredients
(See the recipe card below for full ingredient list with quantities & instructions)
- Red Potatoes: The hearty base of the dish, offering a satisfying texture.
- Olive Oil: Adds a rich, smooth undertone that enhances the flavors.
- Parmesan Cheese: Provides a nutty, salty kick that’s irresistibly good.
- Garlic: The aromatic powerhouse that infuses the dish with depth.
- Oregano: A hint of herbaceous flair that complements the garlic.
- Salt and Pepper: The ultimate flavor enhancers that turn this dish from good to “Can I have seconds?”
- Parsley or rosemary: A sprinkle for garnish, adding a burst of color and freshness.
Step-By-Step Instructions for Your Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Combining Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine diced red potatoes, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cooking: Spread the potato mixture on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated oven at 400°F for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Serve: Once the potatoes are cooked, garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Recommendations for Recipe Variations
Variety is the spice of life, and when it comes to this potato side dish, the possibilities for variations are endless.
- The Spicy Version: Add a dash of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
- Herb Delight: Incorporate rosemary or thyme for an additional layer of flavor.
- Cheese Lovers: Mix in some cheddar or mozzarella for a cheesy twist.
- Veggie Boost: Toss in some diced bell peppers or cherry tomatoes for added color and flavor.
Simplified Storage and Reheating
- Fridge: Seal in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
- Freezer: Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Oven: Preheat to 350°F and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Microwave: Use a microwave-safe dish, heat on medium power in 30-second intervals, stirring between each.
For Extra Crispiness: Tips to Achieve the Perfect Crunch
If you’re a fan of extra-crispy potatoes, there are a few simple tricks you can employ to take your Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes to the next level of crunchiness:
- Preheat the Baking Sheet: Place the baking sheet in the oven while it’s preheating. Adding the potatoes to a hot surface will give them a head start on crisping up.
- Dry the Potatoes: After cutting your red potatoes, pat them dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Less moisture means more crispiness.
- Single Layer: Make sure the potatoes are spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Overcrowding can lead to steaming rather than roasting, which will make them soggy.
- High Oven Temperature: Roasting at a higher temperature, like 425°F, can also contribute to a crispier texture. Just be sure to keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
- Flip Halfway: For even crispiness, flip the potatoes halfway through the roasting time. This ensures that both sides get an equal opportunity to crisp up.
- Finish with a Broil: For the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, switch the oven to broil to give the potatoes a final crisping touch. Watch them closely to avoid burning.
By incorporating these tips, you can achieve that perfect crispy exterior while maintaining a soft, fluffy interior, making your Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes the ultimate comfort food and the perfect side dish.
What to Pair with Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
These versatile and hearty Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes can complement a variety of main courses, making them a go-to side dish for any meal.
Here are some excellent pairing options:
- Grilled Steak: The robust flavors of a well-seasoned steak work wonderfully with the garlic and parmesan notes in the potatoes.
- Roast Chicken: A classic pairing, the potatoes absorb the juices from the chicken, enhancing their flavor.
- Fish Fillets: Whether it’s salmon or cod, the lightness of fish pairs well with the hearty, cheesy goodness of these potatoes.
- Vegetarian Dishes: For a meat-free option, consider pairing the potatoes with a rich, vegetable-based casserole or a hearty salad.
- Pork Chops: The savory flavors of pork complement the cheesy, garlicky potatoes, making for a well-rounded meal.
Whether you’re planning a casual dinner or a festive holiday feast, these Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes are the perfect side dish to round out your menu.
Can I use sweet potatoes instead?
Yes, sweet potatoes can be a delicious alternative.
Are these potatoes vegetarian and gluten-free?
Yes, this comforting potato recipe side dish is both vegetarian and gluten-free, making it suitable for a wide range of dietary preferences.
Can I prepare these potatoes in advance for a holiday dinner?
Certainly! You can prepare the potatoes a day in advance and store them in the fridge. Simply reheat in the oven before serving to make this dish a convenient holiday dinner staple.
Other Potato Recipes
This Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes recipe offers a delightful twist on classic roasted potatoes. Infused with the rich flavors of garlic, parmesan cheese, and a hint of oregano, these oven-roasted potatoes are the perfect side dish for any main course. Easy to prepare and irresistibly crispy, they're a comfort food classic that's sure to become a staple at your family dinners and holiday gatherings.
- 2 pounds red potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). If you're aiming for extra crispiness, place the baking sheet in the oven during preheating.
- Combine Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced red potatoes, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss until the potatoes are well-coated.
- Arrange on Baking Sheet: Remove the preheated baking sheet from the oven carefully (it will be hot). Spread the potato mixture in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and crispy.
- Flip for Even Cooking: Halfway through the roasting time, use a spatula to flip the potatoes to ensure even crisping.
- Optional Broil: For extra crispiness, switch the oven to broil and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Keep a close eye to prevent burning.
- Garnish and Serve: Once the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Enjoy: Serve your Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes hot, as the perfect side dish to your main course.
Amount Per Serving Calories 212Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 7mgSodium 257mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 6g