Self-compassion is the practice of extending kindness and understanding to oneself in times of difficulty or suffering.
It’s a way of relating to ourselves that is warm, caring, and non-judgmental.
When we are kind and understanding towards ourselves, it allows us to open up to our own experience—painful as it may be—and to know that we aren’t alone.
Self-compassion can be a powerful tool for healing.
It can help us to accept ourselves as we are, and to move forward in our lives with greater clarity and purpose.
By being gentle and kind to ourselves, we create the space necessary for true healing to take place.
50 Healing Quotes To Inspire Self-Compassion
1. “The greatest healing comes from self-compassion.” –Unknown
2. “When you judge yourself, you have no compassion for yourself.” –Pema Chodron
3. “Compassion for others begins with compassion for ourselves.” –Pema Chodron
4. “If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.” –Buddha
5. “To heal from the inside out, we must first be willing to forgive ourselves.” –Unknown
6. “The most powerful tool for healing is self-love.” –Unknown
7. “Healing comes from taking responsibility: to realize that it is you—and no one else—that creates your thoughts, your feelings, and your actions.” –Unknown
8. “You are not responsible for the programming you received in childhood, but you are responsible for re-programming yourself now.” –Audre Lorde
9. “There is no greater wound than that which is never healed.” –Unknown
10. “You can’t heal what you won’t reveal.” –Iyanla Vanzant
11. “There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow.” –Orison Swett Marden
12. “The only way to heal the past is to live fully in the present.” –Unknown
13. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “The past is a place of reference, not a place of residence; the past is a place of learning, not a place of living.” –Unknown
15. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” –Unknown
16. “There is no such thing as a perfect person, and there is no such thing as a perfect healing process. Be gentle with yourself as you move through this.” –Unknown
17. “The only way to heal a broken heart is to love again.” –Unknown
18. “If you want to heal your life, you first have to be willing to feel your pain.” –Unknown
19. “You don’t have to be positive all the time; it’s okay to feel sad, angry, or scared. These are all normal emotions. Just don’t stay there, because that’s when healing can’t happen.” –Unknown
20. “Healing takes time, and there is no true shortcut to anyplace worth going. Be patient with yourself, and trust that the journey is worth taking.” –Unknown
21. “Give yourself time to grieve, to heal, and to find your way back to yourself.” –Unknown
22. “The goal is not to be perfect; the goal is to be whole. Be kind and patient with yourself as you journey towards wholeness.” –Unknown
23. “There is no one right way to heal. Just as there is no one right way to live. What matters is that you keep moving forward, even if it’s just one small step at a time.” –Unknown
24. “You are not broken; you are simply undergoing a process of healing.” –Unknown
25. “There is beauty in the broken places. Embrace your own imperfections, and allow yourself to be healed.” –Unknown
26. “The greatest healer of them all is time.” –Plato
27. “No one can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” –Maria Robinson
28. “In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play.” –Friedrich Nietzsche
29. “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” –Joseph Campbell
30. “Something that is loved is never lost.” –Toni Morrison
31. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” –Oscar Wilde
32. “The most important relationship in your life is the one you have with yourself.” –Unknown
33. “You can never love too much. Give everything you’ve got, and then some. You will only regret the love you didn’t give while you had the chance.” –Unknown
34. “Love is always worth fighting for, no matter how hard it may be. Don’t give up on something that you know is worth fighting for.” –Unknown
35. “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” –Hubert Humphrey
36. “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” –Louise L. Hay
37. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
38. “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
39. “The moment you give up is the moment you let someone else win.” – Kobe Bryant
40. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
41. “Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything.” – Unknown
42. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the best.” –John D. Rockefeller
43. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” –Jimmy Dean
44. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” –Theodore Roosevelt
45. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” –George Addair
46. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” –Maya Angelou
47. “Learning never exhausts the mind.” –Leonardo da Vinci
48. “There is no greater weapon than patience.” –Khalil Gibran
49. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that are planted.” –Robert Louis Stevenson
50. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” –Zig Ziglar
The healing quotes in this article are a reminder that we all go through tough times, but it’s important to keep moving forward.
These quotes also emphasize the importance of self-compassion and being kind to yourself as you journey towards healing.
No one has a perfect life, so be gentle with yourself as you work through your own struggles.
Remember that you are not alone, and there is beauty in the broken places.
Embrace your own imperfections, and allow yourself to be healed.