Light and darkness quotes! Just like yin and Yang, The yin, the dark swirl, is associated with shadows, femininity, and the trough of a wave; the yang, the light swirl, represents brightness, passion and growth.
Without light you can not appreciate darkness. With these inspirational light quotes I hope you can discover the light that is inside you.
But remember the darkness is simple the absence of light. On cannot exist without the other.
Embrace your darkness and resurface in the light. Find a positive focus and hold on to it.
I have gathered powerful light and darkness quotes that will inspire you in every single moment of your life.
Beautiful Light and Darkness Quotes
1. “The dark and the light, they exist side by side. Sometimes overlapping, one explaining the other. The darkened path is as illuminated as the lightened…” – Raven Davies
2. “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” – Terry Pratchett
3. “Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.” – Rabindranath Tagore
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” – Mark Twain
5. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu
When you light a candle, you also cast a shadow.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
If you want to rule the darkness, you must first rule the light!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
8. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
9. “However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” – Stanley Kubrick
10. “It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
11. “It’s not necessary to blow out your neighbor’s light to let your own shine.” – M.R. Dehaan
12. “A visionary is one who can find his way by moonlight and see the dawn before the rest of the world.” – Oscar Wilde
13. “No degree of worldly darkness can extinguish the glow of a soul’s inner light.” – Wes Fesler
15. “You may think your light is small, but it can make a huge difference in other people’s lives.” – Anonymous
16. “The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear.” — Silvertris
17. “The darkness around us might somewhat light up if we would first practice using the light we have in the place we are.” – Henry S. Haskins
18. ” As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being” – Carl Jung
19. “He who does not see the light in others does not see the light in himself.”― Doreen DeVore
More Quotes about light in the Bible
20. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.” (John 1:1-5)
21. “When sun shines, it not only brightens our day; it enlightens us, our soul, cleansing it of the gloominess that the night’s darkness had brought in.” – Tista Ray
22. “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” – Victor Hugo
23. “Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.” – Desiderius Erasmus
24. “In darkness one may be ashamed of what one does, without the shame of disgrace.” — Sophocles
25. “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” – Madeline L’Engle
26. “The sun shines on everybody. You’ve got to keep believing.” – Dontrelle Willis
27. “No man can walk so long in the Shadow that he cannot come again to the Light.”― Robert Jordan
28. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” — Yoda
29. “In the midst of darkness, light persists.” – Mahatma Gandhi
30. “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars.” – Richard Evans
31. “Pointing to another world will never stop vice among us; shedding light over this world can alone help us.” ― Walt Whitman
32. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
33. “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” – Plato
34. “What makes night within us may leave stars.” – Victor Hugo
35. “As long as we have seen someone’s darkness, we don’t really know who they are. As long as we have forgiven someone’s darkness, we don’t really know what love is.” — Marianne Williamson
36. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle
Quotes about Darkness and Light to Aid your Journey
37. “Why not dare yourself to become a shining positive light where darkness is the only thing known?” – Edmond Mbiaka
38. “Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.” – Anne Frank
39. “There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.” — Bram Stoker
40. “Sunshine is a welcome thing. It brings a lot of brightness.” – Jimmie Davis
41. “If we only look within, we will see the Light as if we were seeing our own image in a mirror.”― Sri S. Satchidananda
42. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino
43. “Every moment of light and dark is a miracle.” – Walt Whitman
44. “Don’t fight darkness—bring the light, and darkness will disappear.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
45. “Darkness will always try to extinguish the light. The light will always try to repress the darkness.” ― Morgan Rhodes
Darkness Quotes in the Scriptures
46. “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” – John 1:5
47. “You can’t discover light, by analyzing the dark.” – Wayne Dyer
48. “Peace and negativity cannot coexist just as light and darkness cannot coexist.” – N. Goenka
49. “Life isn’t just about darkness or light, rather it’s about finding light within the darkness.” – Landon Parham
If you believe in light, you’ll be in light, you don’t have to face darkness.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
51. “Every little candle is a great knight fighting against the darkness! Every time you feel yourself tiny, remember these brave candles!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
52. “A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside” Denis Waitley
53. “Even in the darkest regions, people have discovered their right of freedom.” — Javier Bardem
54. “You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world.” ― Oprah Winfrey
Conclusion quotes about darkness and light
Did you find encouragement in these darkness quotes? or do you resonate more with the light quotes?. No matter the challenges that come your way, it is up to us to find the light within us.
Life is never linear you can find your light in the darkness.
P.S. Sharing is caring – pin your favorite images and your favorite Dark quote or light quote from this post on Pinterest, so others can find them too!
…..and check back for more!
I will keep updating!
Follow BeCentsational on Pinterest
Want to see the newest quotes appear in your daily Pinterest feed? Make sure to follow BeCentsational on Pinterest and never miss out on any quotes and affirmations.