Mac and cheese, that timeless dish we all adore, has been given a delightful twist in our “Baked Mac and Cheese” recipe.
This isn’t just any mac and cheese; it’s a gourmet experience that combines the rich flavors of Gruyère and Cheddar, promising a taste sensation in every bite.
Unlike traditional mac and cheese recipes, our Baked Mac and Cheese stands out with its effortless preparation.
This cheesy side dish recipe is designed for both experienced chefs and budding home cooks alike, so you can bring restaurant-quality flavors to your dinner table without breaking a sweat.
But don’t let the ease of preparation fool you; this dish is packed with flavor.
Make our Baked Mac and Cheese part of your family’s dinner rotation and enjoy the ultimate comfort food experience.
With its creamy, cheesy delights and easy preparation, this recipe is sure to become a favorite!
Bring restaurant-quality flavors to your home kitchen with our Baked Mac and Cheese, the perfect combination of effortless preparation and delicious flavors.
Don’t wait any longer; get cooking now!
Why This Baked Mac and Cheese is a Must-Try
Simple Yet Sophisticated: Effortless Preparation even if you’re new to the kitchen, our step-by-step recipe is easy to follow, ensuring a delicious outcome.
Ideal for Busy Weeknight: Perfect for those busy evenings when you need a comforting meal without the fuss.
Perfect Party Pleaser: Impress your friends and family with the unique flavor combination of our Baked Mac and Cheese. This dish is a guaranteed hit, winning over both kids and adults with its creamy, cheesy goodness.
Ingredients for the Perfect Baked Mac and Cheese
- Elbow Macaroni: The classic choice for holding that rich cheese sauce.
- Sharp Cheddar & Gruyère Cheese: A duo that brings tangy and nutty flavors, elevating the dish.
- Milk: The secret for our creamy, and velvety dreamy sauce.
- Unsalted Butter & All-Purpose Flour: Together, they create the roux, the foundation of our creamy sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese: Sprinkled on top for a crispy, golden finish.
- Seasonings: A trio of salt, black pepper, and paprika to perfectly season the dish.
Steps to Create the Ultimate Baked Mac and Cheese
- Pasta Prep: Cook the elbow macaroni in salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Roux Creation: In a separate pot, melt the butter, then whisk in the flour to create a smooth, lump-free base.base.
- Milk Mix: Gradually add milk, whisking to avoid lumps.
- Cheese Melt: Introduce Cheddar and Gruyère gradually, stirring until smooth.
- Season & Combine: Incorporate the seasonings, then mix in the pasta, ensuring each piece is generously coated.
- Golden Baking: For that golden crust, transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle with Parmesan, and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 20 minutes.
Personalize Your Mac and Cheese
- Bacon Bits: Add crispy bacon for a smoky touch.
- Herbed Breadcrumbs: A mix of breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, and butter for a crunchy topping.
- Seafood Delight: Introduce cooked lobster or crab for a luxe twist.
- Vegan Mac: Use vegan cheese and milk substitutes for a dairy-free version.
- Gluten-Free Mac: Replace the macaroni with gluten-free pasta.
Storing & Reheating Leftovers
Cool, then store in an airtight container. It lasts 3-4 days in the fridge or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Add a splash of milk and reheat in the microwave, oven, or stovetop. If frozen, thaw in the fridge first.
Other Mac and Cheese Recipes to Try!
Experience comfort food with our creamy Baked Mac and Cheese. Blending sharp Cheddar and nutty Gruyère, this easy recipe delivers restaurant-quality flavors perfect for any meal on busy weeknights.
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 3 cups milk (preferably whole milk)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (for topping)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Boil macaroni in salted water until al dente; drain.
- In a pot, melt butter, whisk in flour for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add milk, whisking until thickened.
- On low heat, stir in Cheddar and Gruyère until melted.
- Add salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix in macaroni.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish, top with Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Serve hot.
Here are some tips to ensure your Baked Mac and Cheese turns out perfectly:
Experiment with Cheeses: While Gruyère and Cheddar are classic choices, don't be afraid to experiment with other cheeses like fontina, Monterey Jack, or smoked gouda for different flavor profiles.
Milk Temperature: Use room temperature or slightly warmed milk to ensure a smoother roux and prevent lumping.
Rest Before Serving: Letting the baked mac and cheese sit for 5-10 minutes after removing it from the oven helps the sauce to thicken slightly, making for a creamier dish.
Amount Per Serving Calories 399Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 70mgSodium 698mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 18g