If you’re a fan of comforting Italian cuisine, the mere mention of Chicken Parmesan Pasta is bound to make your taste buds tingle with anticipation.
Chicken Parmesan, also known as Chicken Parmigiana, is a classic Italian-American dish that has captured the attention of my family.
This mouthwatering dish brings together the best of both worlds: succulent chicken coated in a crispy Parmesan crust, nestled on a bed of perfectly cooked pasta, and smothered in a luscious tomato sauce.
It’s a perfect meal for those who appreciate a wholesome, flavorful twist on a classic Italian favorite.
Why you will love this chicken parmesan pasta recipe
Made in one pot: No need to dirty up multiple dishes – this recipe comes together in a single pot!
Easy family friendly dinner: This recipe is easy enough for a weeknight dinner, yet sophisticated enough for an elegant dinner party or a date night dinner.
Perfect for meal prep: This recipe is great for meal prepping ahead of time. Simply make a big batch and enjoy it throughout the week.
The best chicken parmesan pasta
In this recipe, I’ll show you how to make a mouthwatering and convenient pasta dinner.
Chicken Parmesan and pasta go hand in hand, and this one-pot meal is ready in just 30 minutes!
Whether it’s for a family dinner or a cozy date night, this recipe is sure to impress.
So let’s get ready to cook up a delicious Italian feast!
What you’ll need to make this easy recipe
To create this savory dish, you’ll need the following ingredients:
(See the recipe card below for full ingredient list with quantities & instructions)
- Olive oil
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken broth
- Marinara sauce
- Penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
How to make chicken parmesan pasta
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add in the chicken breasts and season with oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned on each side (about 4 minutes each).
- In the same pan, add in the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and marinara sauce, stirring occasionally until the pasta is cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Once done, stir in the Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Serve hot topped with fresh basil. Enjoy!
Making this dish gluten free
If you’re looking for a gluten free version of this recipe, simply swap out the penne pasta with any gluten free variety.
You can also use gluten-free breadcrumbs in place of the Parmesan cheese to create an equally delicious dish without sacrificing flavor or texture.
What pasta goes with chicken parmesan?
The ideal pasta choices for Chicken Parmesan Pasta are typically long, ribbon-like varieties, such as spaghetti, fettuccine, or linguine. Their ability to hold the sauce and provide a satisfying chew complements the chicken beautifully.
However, feel free to experiment with different pasta shapes and textures to suit your preferences.
How can I make this recipe low-calorie?
You can make this Chicken Parmesan Pasta recipe low calorie by using skinless chicken breasts, use reduced-fat or part-skim mozzarella cheese, and a low-fat marinara sauce. Additionally, you can substitute the regular pasta with whole grain pasta.
Can you cook pasta without boiling water?
Yes, you can cook pasta without boiling water. You can make this Chicken Parmesan Pasta in one pot and it will come together quickly with no need for boiling water.
Can this recipe be made gluten-free?
Yes, this chicken pasta recipe can easily be turn into chicken pa gluten-free. Simply use a gluten-free pasta and check the labels of the other ingredients to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Try More Mouthwatering Pasta Recipes
Looking for a delicious and easy Chicken Parmesan Pasta recipe? Look no further! This mouthwatering dish combines tender chicken, al dente pasta, and gooey melted cheese, all bathed in a flavorful marinara sauce. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion, this Chicken Parmesan Pasta recipe will satisfy your cravings and impress your guests. Try it today and indulge in a comforting Italian classic that never fails to delight.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) marinara sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces, season with salt, black pepper, dried oregano. Cook until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- In the same pot, add the diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and chicken broth, stirring well to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the uncooked penne pasta to the pot, ensuring it is fully submerged in the liquid. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pot. Allow the pasta to cook for about 15 minutes or until al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Once the pasta is cooked sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the mixture. Stir everything together until well-combined.
- Top the pasta with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover the pot and let it sit for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve the One-Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves if desired.
- If you're looking for a gluten free version of this recipe, simply swap out the penne pasta with any gluten free variety.
- You can also use gluten-free breadcrumbs in place of the Parmesan cheese to create an equally delicious dish without sacrificing flavor or texture.
Amount Per Serving Calories 365Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 83mgSodium 886mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 35g