I’ve got something incredibly delicious and mouthwatering to share with you today!
A chicken recipe that will have you craving for more after just one taste.
It’s called “Marry Me Chicken,” and trust me, it’s absolutely magical!
Picture this: succulent chicken cutlets, seasoned to perfection and bathed in a creamy, dreamy sauce with sun dried tomatoes that’s bursting with flavors.
I promise you won’t be able to resist the temptation once you try it.
But that’s not all – there’s a little mystery behind the name that adds to its charm!
I can’t wait to tell you all about the enchantment of “Marry Me Chicken” and how you can recreate this delightful dish right in your own kitchen.
Get ready for my recipe version of Marry Me Chicken!
With just 30 minutes, you can whip up this quick and easy recipe, perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner, date night dinner or a special occasion.
Let’s dive into this easy recipe and get ready to experience pure culinary joy!
The Mystery Behind the Recipe Name: Marry Me Chicken
The name “Marry Me Chicken” is often associated with this particular chicken dish due to its irresistible and indulgent nature.
Legend has it that this dish is so delicious that it has the power to make someone fall in love with you or even propose marriage after tasting it.
The flavors of this dish are so bewitching that they might inspire declarations of love or even a marriage proposal.
Despite the romantic connotation of its name, “Marry Me Chicken” remains primarily a delightful and flavorful chicken recipe that many people enjoy, whether they are seeking to impress someone special or simply treating themselves to a sumptuous meal.
So, whether it’s love at first bite or simply love for a fantastic chicken dish, this chicken recipe is sure to leave you with a smile on your face.
Enjoy this chicken dinner!
What You’ll Need to Make Marry Me Chicken
(See the recipe card below for full ingredient list with quantities & instructions)
- Chicken breasts
- All-purpose flour
- Olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- Chicken stock
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Chili flakes
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Ground black pepper
How to Make Marry Me Chicken Dish
🍗 Begin by seasoning the chicken cutlets: Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper over both sides of each chicken cutlet, ensuring they are evenly coated. Set aside.
🍗 Lightly dredge the chicken cutlets: On a plate, spread the all-purpose flour. Gently coat each seasoned chicken cutlet with flour, shaking off any excess flour. This step will help create a nice golden crust on the chicken when cooked.
🍗 Sear the chicken cutlets: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the floured chicken cutlets to the hot skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they turn golden brown and are fully cooked through. Once done, transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and set them aside.
🍗 Prepare the creamy sauce: In the same skillet, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about a minute until it becomes fragrant and lightly golden.
🍗 Add the liquids: Pour in the chicken stock, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Allow the chicken stock to simmer for a couple of minutes, letting the flavors infuse.
🍗 Create the creamy base: Lower the heat to medium-low and stir in the heavy cream (double cream in the UK), grated Parmesan cheese, and the chili flakes, oregano, and thyme. Let everything simmer together, stirring occasionally, until the sauce starts to thicken slightly.
🍗 Add the sun-dried tomatoes: Add the chopped sun dried tomatoes to the creamy sauce, letting them release their rich flavors into the mix. Continue to simmer the sauce for a few more minutes.
🍗 Mix the chicken and sauce: Place the cooked chicken cutlets back into the skillet, nestling them into the luscious sauce. Simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the chicken to absorb some of the creamy goodness.
🍗 Final touch of freshness: Before serving, garnish the “Marry Me Chicken” with fresh torn basil leaves, adding a burst of aromatic freshness to the dish.
🍗 Serve and enjoy: Plate up the “Marry Me Chicken” hot and savor the irresistible flavors that await.
This chicken meal is the ultimate keto-friendly superstar! It’s low in carbs, gluten-free, and requires no modifications. It’s just perfect as is!
This main course pairs wonderfully with buttery mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a crisp green salad.
Chef’s Tips and Tricks:
1. Opt for thin chicken cutlets for even cooking and better flavor absorption.
2. Pat the chicken dry before seasoning and coating to achieve a crispy crust.
3. Use a heavy-bottomed skillet for even browning without burning.
4. Avoid overcooking the chicken to retain its juiciness.
Make-Ahead and Storage Instructions:
“Marry Me Chicken” is a wonderful family friendly dish that can be partially prepared ahead of time to save you time and effort on busy days.
Here’s how you can make it ahead:
1. Chicken Preparation: You can slice and season the chicken cutlets in advance. Store them in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before cooking.
2. Sauce Base: The sauce base can also be prepared ahead of time. After sautéing the garlic and adding the chicken stock, you can refrigerate it in a covered container. When you’re ready to cook, simply reheat the sauce base and continue with the recipe.
If you have leftovers or want to prepare “Marry Me Chicken” for later enjoyment, follow these storage instructions:
1. Leftovers: Store any leftover cooked “Marry Me Chicken” in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in a skillet or microwave until warmed through.
2. Freezing: If you’d like to freeze the dish, transfer the cooked chicken cutlets with the creamy sauce to a freezer-safe container or freezer bags. Make sure to leave some room at the top of the container to allow for expansion as the dish freezes. Freeze for up to 2-3 months.
3. Reheating from Frozen: Thaw frozen chicken in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat the thawed chicken in a skillet with a bit of olive oil or butter until warmed through.
Other Chicken Recipes to Try!
Try this delicious easy recipe for "Marry Me Chicken"! Perfect for weeknight dinners, date night dinner or special occasions. Plus, it's keto-friendly, low-carb, and gluten-free! The best creamy chicken recipe ever!
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise into thin cutlets
- 6 tablespoons (50 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- ½ cup (43 grams) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (adjust to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ⅓ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Begin by seasoning the chicken cutlets with salt and black pepper, ensuring they are evenly coated. Then lightly dredge each cutlet in the all-purpose flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken cutlets and cook them for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they turn golden brown and fully cooked through. Once done, remove the chicken from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a minute until it becomes fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken stock, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Allow the stock to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, chili flakes, oregano, and thyme to the skillet. Stir everything together until the cheese is melted and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Toss in the chopped sundried tomatoes, and let the sauce simmer for a few more minutes, allowing all the flavors to meld together beautifully.
- Finally, return the cooked chicken cutlets to the skillet, nestling them into the creamy sauce. Simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes, ensuring the chicken is heated through and absorbs some of the luscious flavors from the sauce.
- Before serving, garnish the Merry Me Chicken with fresh torn basil leaves, adding a burst of freshness and aroma.
- Serve the Merry Me Chicken hot with your favorite side dishes, such as buttery mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, a refreshing green salad or Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Opt for thin chicken cutlets for even cooking and better flavor absorption.
- Pat the chicken dry before seasoning and coating to achieve a crispy crust.
- Use a heavy-bottomed skillet for even browning without burning.
- Avoid overcooking the chicken to retain its juiciness.
Amount Per Serving Calories 442Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 139mgSodium 348mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 30g