How to steam frozen broccoli without a steamer? Here I will show you step by step how to steam broccoli.
A guide that will yield delicious, crisp and bright green broccoli every time!
In this article, I will outline two methods for doing so. Both methods are simple and easy to follow.
The first method uses a pot on the stove, while the second method uses a microwave.
Steamed broccoli is a healthy food that many people enjoy.
It is low in calories and high in fiber, which makes it a perfect choice for those who are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Steaming the broccoli helps to preserve its nutrients.
This steamed broccoli recipe is perfect to add to salads, pasta dishes, or as a side dish.
Tips For Steaming Broccoli Without a Steamer
– Tip 1: Make sure the water is hot before adding the broccoli. This will help the broccoli to cook evenly.
– Tip 2: Do not overcook the broccoli. The ideal cooking time is 3-5 minutes. Overcooked broccoli will become mushy and loose its bright green color.
– Tip 3: Use a pot with a tight fitting lid. This will help to trap in the steam and cook the broccoli faster.
– Tip 4: Add a little bit of salt to the water. This will help to flavor the broccoli.
How To Steam Broccoli Without Steamer Basket
Some people may not have a steamer basket, so here are two alternate ways to steam broccoli without one.
How To Steam Broccoli On The StoveTop
The stovetop method of steaming broccoli is simple and easy to follow. If you have a big batch of broccoli, this is the method to use.
- Fill a pot with about 1-2 inches of water and place it on the stove over medium heat.
- Place the broccoli in a heat-safe bowl or dish and place it in the pot.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let the broccoli steam for 5-7 minutes, or until it is cooked to your liking.
- Remove the broccoli from the pot with a slotted spoon and enjoy!
How To Steam Broccoli In The Microwave
- This option of steaming broccoli is great for those who want a quick and easy option.
- Place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl or dish.
- Add about 1-2 inches of water to the bowl or dish.
- Cover the bowl or dish with a lid or plate and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, or until the broccoli is cooked to your liking.
- Remove the broccoli from the microwave and enjoy!
How To Steam Broccoli Without A Steamer
Hopefully these tips will help you get started on the right foot.
Steaming broccoli without a steamer is actually really easy and quick, even if it does take some more time to prepare than other methods.
A similar method applies to steaming cauliflower without a steamer.
To read more about broccoli take a look at does frozen broccoli goes bad for more information.