Do you want to know if you can hard boil eggs in the microwave? It’s not hard to learn how to boil eggs in the microwave.
It all depends if you want soft boiled eggs, or hard boiled eggs.
The good news is that you can make both types of boiled eggs in the microwave.
So, how to boil eggs in the microwave? Fill a deep microwave-safe bowl with hot water and salt. For each egg, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the water. Place the eggs in the bowl. Cook on high for 5 minutes. Then, leave eggs in the water and let them sit for 4-5 minutes to finish cooking. You will get perfect boil eggs each time.
Every microwave is different, so you will need to experiment with the cook times to find what works best for your microwave.
If you’ve never boiled eggs before in the microwave, then this guide will teach you how to do it to perfection each time.
I’ll go over the basics of boiling eggs in the microwave, including what utensils and ingredients you’ll need, as well as how to cook both soft boiled eggs and hard boiled eggs.
You can also make boiled eggs in the Air Fryer without any supervision, quick and easy!
I’ll also share some tips on how to avoid common mistakes when boiling eggs in the microwave.
Ingredients to Boil Eggs in The Microwave
- Eggs: Eggs any size will work for this recipe as well as any color egg, brown or white eggs.
- Salt: This is NOT optional, you need to use salt when boiling eggs in the microwave otherwise they can explode.
- Water: You will need enough water to cover the eggs.
Tools Needed To Cook The Eggs
- Microwave safe bowl
- Tongs or a slotted spoon
Directions to Boil Eggs in The Microwave
- Fill a deep microwave-safe bowl with water and salt. For each egg, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the water.
- Put bowl in the microwave and heat on high power until water gets hot about 3 minutes.
- Use tongs or a slotted spoon to lower eggs into the water. Make sure eggs are completely submerged.
- Cook on high power for 5 minutes. Then, leave eggs in the water and let them sit for 3-4 minutes to finish cooking.
- Use tongs or a slotted spoon to remove eggs from the water.
- Put eggs in a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking any further.
- Let the eggs sit in the ice water for 5 minutes.
- Peel and enjoy your boiled eggs!
How Do You Store Boiled Eggs?
It is best to store boiled eggs in the refrigerator. You can store them in the shell or peel them before storing. But allow them to cool off before storing the eggs in the fridge. Make sure you use an airtight covered container when storing boiled eggs in the refrigerator.
How Long Do Boiled Eggs Last In The Fridge?
Hard boiled eggs last up to 1 week in the refrigerator if they are stored properly. But they will taste best if eaten within 3-5 days after being cooked. Make sure you keep them stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
To avoid common mistakes when boiling eggs in the microwave, here are some tips:
– Use a deep microwave-safe bowl so the eggs are completely submerged in the water.
– For each egg, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the water. This will help to prevent the eggs from exploding.
– Cook on high power for 5 minutes. Then, leave eggs in the water and let them sit depending on how you like your eggs doneness.