This delicious and easy to make grilled cheese sandwich screams comfort food. It just doesn’t get better than this.
The best grilled cheese only needs a few ingredients for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
Grilled cheese is so decadent and luxurious.
Think about the exterior of crunchiness of the bread and in the inside creamy and velvety melted cheese.
Easy Grilled Cheese Sandwich
There is no excuse to not make this simple and classic grilled cheese sandwich.
Feel free to add extra cheese for a more decadent meal.
You’ve got this!!!
Best Cheese to Use
I am a cheese lover. Any type of firm, low melting point cheese can be used. But when it comes to grilled cheese my top two cheeses are Cheddar cheese and gruyere.
- Monterey Jack
- Pepper Jack
What Ham Choices Do I Have?
I love ham, any type of ham, but I do have a favorite.
- Black Forest Ham: This is my favorite ham…I sometimes just eat it straight.
- Smoked Virginia Ham
- Peppered Ham
- Honey Ham
How to Make Grilled Cheese
Here are my tips to make the best grilled cheese that is crunchy in the outside and velvety in the inside.
Cook low and slow: Set your burner on low heat. It allows the bread to get a golden crust while the cheese has a chance to melt and become oozy.
Best Grilled Ham and Cheese Recipe
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Easy Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Ham
This delicious and easy to make grilled cheese sandwich screams comfort food. The best grilled cheese only needs a few ingredients for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
- 4 slices of white bread or sourdough bread.
- 2 or 4 slices of ham to make it a complete meal.
- 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 1 tablespoon of mayo.
- Preheat pan or skillet on low heat.
- Take each slice of bread and spread mayo on one side of each and add to hot skillet with mayo side down.
- Add cheddar cheese or American cheese and top with remaining bread slices, mayo side up.
- Grilled for about 5 minutes or until you see its getting nicely brown.
- Flip to the other side and grilled until golden brown.
- Spread butter on top bread and Serve.
- Bread Options: White, whole wheat, squaw, sourdough, or brioche. Cook sweeter breads on low heat as the sugar brown quicker.
- Cheese Options: Any type of firm, low melting point cheese can be used like Cheddar, Mozzarella, Provolone, Swiss, Gouda, Monterey Jack, or Pepper Jack and my favorite Gruyere.
- Ham Options: Black Forest Ham, Smoked Virginia Ham, Peppered Ham, Honey Ham.
Amount Per Serving Calories 589Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 120mgSodium 1956mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 39g
- Bloody Mary Recipe
- Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Healthy Summer Meal Prep
- Sheet Pan Meal Prep Dinners
- Dinners for a Tight Budget
Grilled Cheese Conclusion
Hope you try this easy grilled cheese recipe. Keep checking for more super easy recipes to come.
P.S. Sharing is caring – pin your favorite recipes from this post on Pinterest, so others can find them too!
…..and check back for more!
I will keep updating!
- Tailgating Recipes
- Easy Vodka Cocktails
- Summer Drinks
- Easy Summer Recipes
- Picnic Food Ideas
- Fruit Salad Recipes
- Best Chicken Recipes
Follow BeCentsational on Pinterest
Want to see the more recipes appear in your daily Pinterest feed? Make sure to follow BeCentsational on Pinterest and never miss out on any new recipes