A Tequila Sunrise is a classic cocktail that can be enjoyed anytime, but especially during the summer months.
Is there anything more refreshing than a Tequila cocktail on a hot summer day?
This classic cocktail has been around for decades, and its popularity shows no sign of waning.
It’s easy to make and tastes great.
Plus, it looks beautiful thanks to its unique color combination of orange and red.
So, if you’re looking for an easy cocktail recipe that will impress your friends, try making a Tequila Sunrise!
Let’s take a look at the history of this delicious beverage and why it’s such a staple in bars and restaurants everywhere.
Tequila Sunrise Around the World
Today, you can find variations on this tasty beverage all over the world.
In Mexico, locals often add a few drops of lime juice to their drinks as well as some ice cubes.
In Japan, people enjoy mixing together white tequila with pineapple juice instead of orange juice for a sweeter taste.
And in Europe, bartenders sometimes use vodka instead of tequila to give their Tequila Sunrises an extra kick!
No matter how you mix it up, one thing is certain, when you order a Tequila Sunrise at your favorite bar or restaurant (or make one yourself at home!), you’re sure to be pleasantly surprised by its unique flavor combination that’s perfect for any occasion!
Tequila Sunrise Variations
If you want to switch up this classic recipe a bit, there are plenty of variations you can try out!
For example, add a splash of lime juice for extra tartness or use club soda instead of regular seltzer for more fizziness.
If you want to lighten up your drink even further without sacrificing flavor, use sugar-free simple syrup instead of regular grenadine syrup or substitute grapefruit juice instead of orange juice (or half & half!).
Alternatively if you want something stronger than just tequila, try adding 1/2 oz each white rum and triple sec liqueur when pouring in your liquids before garnishing with an orange wedge!
Tequila Sunrise Tips & Tricks
If you’re looking for more than just an ordinary tequila sunrise, there are plenty of ways to customize it to your own tastes!
- Try adding some lime juice for extra tartness or muddling in fresh fruit like strawberries or raspberries for added sweetness and texture.
- For an extra kick, try switching out your regular tequila for something spicier like jalapeno-infused tequila!
- You can also switch up the garnishes for a more festive look. Try adding mint leaves, maraschino cherries or pineapple slices for a tropical twist.
Whatever combination you decide on, make sure to sip slowly so that all those flavors come through as intended!
How To Make a Tequila Sunrise
Making a Tequila Sunrise couldn’t be easier—all you need are 4 ingredients and you’re good to go!
Here’s what you will need:
•2 ounces tequila (silver or gold)
•4 ounces orange juice
•1/2 ounce grenadine syrup
•Ice cubes (optional)
- First, fill your glass with ice cubes if desired.
- Then add tequila and orange juice and stir together until combined.
- Finally, pour in the grenadine syrup—it should sink through the rest of the mixture and settle at the bottom of the glass.
Notes: If you want some extra flavor, try adding 1/2 teaspoon lime juice or 1/4 teaspoon maraschino cherry liquid for a unique twist on this classic cocktail.
Cocktails You May Like
- Triple Sec Cocktails
- Amaretto Sour
- Sparkling Wine Sangria
- Bloody Mary
- Vodka Cocktails
- RumChata Drinks
Tequila Sunrise Recipe
Tequila Sunrise Cocktail
Looking for the perfect summer cocktail? Look no further than the Tequila Sunrise. This classic drink is a fruity blend of tequila, orange juice, and grenadine that not only looks beautiful but tastes delicious.
- 16 oz orange juice
- 8 oz tequila
- 4 oz grenadine
- 4 slice orange
- 4 maraschino cherries
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in the orange juice and tequila and stir to combine.
- Slowly pour in the grenadine, taking care not let it mix too much with the other ingredients. The grenadine should settle at the bottom of the glass creating a red "sunrise" effect.
- Garnish with an orange slice, maraschino cherry and a straw.
- Serve and enjoy!
- For a light and refreshing drink, try adding sparkling water or club soda.
- If you want to kick up the flavor, try muddling in fresh berries or adding a splash of lime juice.
- For an even more festive presentation, add additional orange slices and cherries to the glass.
Enjoy your Tequila Sunrise!
Amount Per Serving Calories 277Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 10mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 1gSugar 27gProtein 1g
Whether you’re hosting a party or simply relaxing after work, why not treat yourself to an iconic Tequila Sunrise?
This easy-to-make beverage will quickly become your go-to summertime cocktail!
With just 4 ingredients, you can whip up this delicious drink in no time at all.
So grab your ingredients today and give it a try!